A thriving precinct - committed to excellence, every event, every person, every time.
At Melbourne & Olympic Parks we are passionate about delivering world class customer experiences every day. How do we do this? By seeking out the best talent to build an integrated team of driven, passionate and agile people to continuously transform the way we do things.
Our Formula for Success
Melbourne & Olympic Parks – a thriving precinct - committed to excellence, every event, every person, every time.
In the context of an expanding precinct and substantial new infrastructure investment, we must...
• Maintain our financial sustainability
• Increase benefits to the people of Victoria
To achieve this we must...
• Grow by expanding into new markets
• Transform our business processes to deliver cost effective services
• Build an integrated team of talented people who consistently strive to achieve
• The customer is at the heart of everything we do
Our values and behaviours underpin and shape the culture at M&OP. We seek to attract, engage and retain talent that want to live and breathe these values and behaviours just as much as we do.
At M&OP we not only seek out talent based on our behaviours, we design our performance reviews and development programs around them. We believe these behaviours don’t only help us to achieve our goal of building an integrated team of drive, talented people, they also make M&OP a great place to work.
Our team prides itself on four core values that guide our everyday actions and behaviours:
Collaboration – We achieve great outcomes together. I am flexible and supportive of all people. I help others achieve.
Integrity – I am honest and respect others. I own the outcomes of my actions. I do as I say I will.
Open Mindedness – I create solutions and share my ideas. I listen and I am considerate of others.
Passion – I love what I do and inspire others. I am positive and driven to succeed.
You add value by forming cross functional teams to achieve common goals. You seek the best outcome for M&OP rather than the best outcome for yourself or your department. You share knowledge and information openly and proactively. You make working with others a part of your every day interactions. You actively make time to assist others. You contribute effectively outside of your specialty.
You are honest, open and transparent. You are responsible for creating a respectful workplace. You are quick to admit to your mistakes. You only say things about fellow employees that you would say to their face. You question actions or behaviours that are inconsistent with our values. You perform consistently so colleagues can rely on you.
You welcome new ideas and find ways to apply them to your work. You listen well instead of reacting fast. You offer solutions, not obstacles. You understand that the way we do things today may not be the best way to do things tomorrow. You challenge assumptions with the best intentions for M&OP. You embrace a diverse range of knowledge and experiences to inform your decisions.
Engage & Support Others
Engages and supports others by aligning them to the business and creating a fun, supportive and collaborative environment.
You care deeply about M&OP’s success and are continually on the look out as to how you can contribute to the M&OP experience. You inspire others with your desire for excellence. You accomplish amazing amounts of important work that add value to the organisation. Your enthusiasm to help and keep people safe underpins everything you do. You are tenacious and celebrate hard fought wins. You seek to further your knowledge of our strategy, market and customers.
Benefits of working with us
Join an organisation considered by many as the ‘heart of sport and entertainment’ in Victoria. At your fingertips? The iconic Rod Laver Arena, AAMI Park Stadium, Hisense Arena and Margaret Court Arena. We are also located a 5 minute stroll from the beautiful Botanical Gardens, just south of the MCG and 5 minutes from Melbourne CBD. Swan Street, Richmond train station and tram stops are also at our doorstep.
As an M&OP team member, you will also have the opportunity to be a part of the world-renowned grand slam event – the Australian Open. Each year you will see (and contribute to) Melbourne Park transforming into a playground for tennis fans, food enthusiasts and fun-lovers.
- Melbourne & Olympic Parks (M&OP) strives to create a fun, social and collaborative environment for our people, including;
- Welcome lunches
- Monthly get togethers
- 4ULive (annual ‘thank you event’ and awards night for our people)
- Annual Christmas Party
- Annual Family Day
- Occasional complimentary/discounted tickets to events
- Permanent team members receive a year-round on-site car park
- 4 cafes on site and 30% off at staff café, ‘Collective’
- Subsidised gym membership and tennis court hire, from $22/fortnight)
- Flexible work options to support you through different stages of your life
- Opportunity to apply for financial support for tuition fees*
- Tailored learning, growth and development opportunities
- Annual development plans to help you to grow and reach your full potential
- Annual performance-based appraisal process with an opportunity to receive a 7%+ salary increase each year